We work in partnership with other organisations and can offer consultancy services within the following areas of expertise:
- Programme and project design and management - development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of programmes and complex projects with beekeeping or trade in bee products as a central theme
- Institutional and organisational development - to help networks, beekeeping associations, producer organisations and rural enterprises to work effectively to achieve their objectives
- Training and capacity building - conducting training, designing training manuals and training trainers, with view to ensuring the spread and application of appropriate beekeeping knowledge
- Market analysis and participatory approaches - market mapping studies and sector analyses to identify how rural beekeepers can gain access to the opportunities created by a significant market demand in bee products
- Technology assessment and feasibility studies - evaluating the appropriateness of beekeeping in a range of environments and contexts and provide technical advice: we focus on simple and sustainable methods using indigenous skills and materials.
- Residue monitoring plans - we can facilitate the process for honey exporting countries to achieve third country status, thus gaining access to EU markets for honey.
To find out more about our full breadth of services and how we can help you, or to be considered as an associate consultant please contact us.
Recent consultancy work undertaken
- 2014 Value chain study of honey and beeswax trade in South West Ethiopia - University of Huddersfield
- 2013 Evaluation of four year apiculture development project in the Hindu Kush - International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development
- 2012 Scoping visit to Mbale, Uganda, advising on developing beekeeping training intervention to farmers using low-cost beehives - Mbale treeplanting project and Welsh Assembly Government
- 2011 Technical Assistance to Caribbean beekeepers and clusters - CDE Project CAR/1007/R01/FO
- 2010 Support to increase quality and recognition of East Africa private sector apiculture production - ProInvest Project EAF/6199
- 2009 Export of honey from South Caucasus countries Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to the EU - GTZ Project Private Sector Development in South Caucasus Deutsche Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH